Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tracey's Tip #9 -- Being a Balanced Mom

Take a yoga class to get out of your head, tap into the positive energy of yoga and just be in the moment for that class. One of my favorite types of Yoga is considered 'Hot Yoga' or Bikram yoga. It is yoga that is done for 90 minutes in 100 degree heat. But the heat is a dry heat which allows a person to totally warm up their muscles, provides for deeper stretching and causes a person to sweat out all the toxins in their body.

For me it provides for deep stretching in my back and neck which are always hunched over the computer or on the phone. I feel so much better when I walk out of the class after sweating out a bunch of toxins, and the long poses allow me to meditate and focus my mind on being in the moment instead of caught up in my constant 'to do list.'

No comments: