Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Surrogacy Goes Celebrity

Just as I entered my blog the other day about my radio show topic on Surrogacy as a conceivable option, I clicked on to USAToday.com last night and read the headline that Sarah Jessica Parker and her husband Matthew Broderick were expecting! First off, I love Sarah Jessica Parker, and who didn't get glued to the television when Sex In The City came on once a week...but I also loved watching Matthew Broderick back when he was acting in movies on a regular basis....with my favorite movie of his being Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

So I was excited to hear that they were going to add another child to their family. But I was surprised when I read further into the article that they are expecting twin girls this summer through a surrogate, and thought how interesting a coincidence that is. Up to this point celebrities having babies have been splashed across magazines as the topic to cover, and "following their bump" through pregnancy to delivering their baby is hot news! But I haven't heard any celebrity say that they have used a surrogate to expand their family!

I will be very interested to see what further information comes out about this exciting news and whether or not it will open the door to other celebrity couples going the route of surrogacy, as an option?

No comments: