Thursday, July 30, 2009

Facebook Obsession

I am sorry that I haven't been as current on my blogging as I would like, but I have become swept away in the Facebook obsession. While most people have heard about facebook, and many people are already on it (250 million people) I have only recently signed on to see what all the buzz is about.

As with any new trend like blogging and twitter, I have been asked to sign on to the latest trend with Facebook many times over the past year, and for whatever reason have not. But over the past couple of months I must have had three or four people close to me suggest that I get on to use it as a platform for the business, and to connect with old high school friends. It was only until my husband (who is not a social network person) signed on because his cousin wanted him to, and shortly there after had all of my immediate family and cousins signed on as his friends. Suddenly I knew that I was missing out on something!

Within a day I saw what all the commotion was about....I had reconnected with several people that I had been trying to find for several years, to no success -- but yet I sign onto Facebook and there they are. I also discovered that my 25 year high school class reunion was coming up within the week, that people I hadn't thought about in all that time were suddenly wanting to connect with me, and two old friends of mine had gotten married and were living only 30 minutes from me. (which is amazing in itself because I went to high school in Florida and am now living in New Jersey!

My girlfriend and I met up at a Starbucks for coffee and it felt like we had only seen each other last year, rather than 25 years ago. We picked right back up as if the passage of time had not existed.

Each day I am reconnecting with a new person that I had lost touch with, or someone from my really distant past pops up, and I am keeping up to date on what people are doing on a daily basis!! It has also provided a new platform to provide up to date information for my clients and interested parents, that are looking for information and ideas to help empower their children.

So now I will try to balance my blogging, with facebook entries.

No comments: