Monday, July 20, 2009

Tracey's Tip #22 -- Being a Balanced Mom

Find time to get away! The best gift that you can give yourself is to get away for a break -- whether it be for a week long vacation or a short weekend getaway -- time away from the house provides new momentum.

Usually in the summer we go off to Seabrook Island for a week to hang out at the beach, spend the day in the pool, go out to dinner at night and just be lazy. It is the best week because I am not a slave to the house, or the dogs, or an agenda -- I can go at my own pace, and the responsibilities of Zack are shared by both Jeff and myself.

That week away really helps me to clear my head, put the world of work behind, spend quality time with my family and truely enjoy being present in the moment!

I wish the same for you!

No comments: