Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Joys of Motherhood



From the day of his birth Zack has been the light of my life, but at 19 months I found that this was the most enjoyable time with my son.

For the first year he was totally dependent on me for everything. But through the next six months following, he developed into a walking, talking, running, eating on his own, playing on his own and with others, little person.

At 19 months he became so much fun -- watching his facial expressions, his excitement in discovering the world around him, listening to his language develop and the way he expresses his thoughts. He can play and interact with Jeff and I, adding so much dimension to our lives. And I love observing who this little boy is growing into as a person. Each day brings new experiences.

Sometimes I am amazed at how special he is and what joy and light he shares with the people around him, and the people he interacts with. He is always so happy and engaging. Saying hello to everyone he meets, flashing his big smile and waving in their direction; very few people can resist his enthusiasm.

I thank God every day for this happy and healthy little guy and how lucky I am to have him in my life.

Now at 22 months today, I am amazed by all that he can say and the little conversations we are now having. Two precious moments that pulled on my heart strings was when I was leaving his sitters house and he waved and said "good bye mommy" and then said "hug, hug." So I went over to hug him, and then he gave me a kiss, and waved again to let me know he was going off to play. At that moment I felt he was definitely growing up....And then two weeks ago when we were driving in the car, he said something from the backseat, and I wasn't sure what he said so I asked him, and this time he clearly said "mommy pretty." I was so overwhelmed with joy. I gave him a big smile and said "thank you honey." He became just as happy with my response, and then repeated mommy pretty several times.

Ah, the Joy of Motherhood.

No comments: