Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The ABC Expo in Las Vegas (FM)

Before my son was born, almost 2 years ago, I was doing some consulting work for American Express, while building my business and I was traveling at least once a month. Once my son was born I was breastfeeding and didn't want to travel overnight the first year.

Throughout these past ten months, after his first birthday, I did do a couple of overnights; but my first big trip took place two weeks ago when I flew to Las Vegas for the biggest Baby Expo in the country. It took up two entire floors on the south end of the Las Vegas Convention Center, and took me almost 3 days to see most of it. Although I will admit that I flew passed the furniture and bedding areas (which were huge).

If I felt that the baby product industry was large before, this expo really solidified that fact...no wonder new moms are overwhelmed with the number of choices available to them. How do you know what you really need, which products are right for you, and which items you can live without?

On this weeks show, I brought back The Baby Planners from Los Angeles; the pioneers of the baby planning industry in the U.S.. Since the inception of their company, they have been intensely researching the baby product market, testing out strollers, car seats, accessories, etc...everything for baby; so they can provide solid information for their clients about what is best for them. They have also become my Baby Product Experts and are joining my Family Matters Radio Team as regular contributors on my show.

We swapped stories about the ABC show and they provided their Top Picks of products they uncovered while at market.

No comments: