Thursday, September 11, 2008

Regaining My Equilibrium

The interesting part of my trip away to Florida with Zack was seeing the difference in him while away (hanging on me, being so needy and whiney) which he isn't normally at all. Then when we arrived back home on saturday afternoon, he was back to his normal self -- happy to play with his toys and run around the house, without needing me! I was able to go upstairs and take care of some chores, go to the basement and let the dogs out, and he was fine.

Then on monday when I dropped him off at his sitters, he never looked back at me, as he went running off to play!!

I, on the other hand, needed a coffee and to sit outside, in the sun, and breathe.... for about an hour to regain my equilibrium. I had totally felt out of sorts emotionally and physically, after having to cope with Zack's clinginess to me, his demanding moods, his overstimulation and crying spats, with less than adequate sleep, without much help and no real break for myself for 10 full days. (It had been constant)

Amazing how a little person can totally throw my body, mind and emotions out of kilter.

It literally took me a whole day to get back to my balanced self, and get back on track!

No comments: